Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Conservatory

One of my all time favorite places in Seattle is The Conservatory. It's amazing how many different plants are able to thrive inside the gigantic greenhouse. There is a huge collection of plants from all over the world. Each room has a unique theme representing a different part of the globe: Palm House, Cactus House, Fern House, Bromeliad House. I particularly enjoyed their large collection of Tillandsia (part of the bromeliad family) and all of the succulents and cacti. 






The Volunteer Park Conservatory is modeled after London's Crystal Palace and was built in 1912! It was designed by architects John Olmsted and Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. It such a pretty place to visit anytime of the year. It can really cheer you up in the winter or fall on a gloomy Seattle day. On my last visit, the sun was out and it was beautiful! I even picked up some unique plants in the gift shop.


1 comment:

  1. Indeed a very nice post. I am also associated with Heat Pump , Air Source Heat Pump , Domestic Heat Pump, Air to Water Heat Pump . Thanks for writing such good posts and as I have subscribed to your blog, I do expect that you will be posting nice posts like this on a regular basis. Heat Easy, Heat Pumps, Air Source Heat Pumps
    Air to Air Heat Pump
    Heat Pump Training

    ReplyDelete