Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Collections and New Plants

As you may have noticed, I just finished updating my blog layout. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and I'm sure I will continue tweaking things until I get it all perfect. Let me know what you think! Today I wanted to share some of my favorite little collections of treasures in my house. I will admit that I love gathering tiny, fascinating objects and arranging them in small nooks and on little shelves. Some of the objects pictured here are porcupine quills, shell fossils, an air plant, dried flowers, snake ribs, a real starfish, baby marimo, and an illustration by Julianna Swaney.



I also love collecting matchboxes. These are two of my favorites. Also, two different species of tillandsia as well as a fittonia verschaffeltii (or nerve plant) in a glass bottle. 


I recently purchased three new plants which I'm very exited about!  The first one I haven't be able to identify yet, but I do believe it is a tropical plant. The lime green and pink plant is a solenostemon scutellarioides, which is part of the nettle family. Below is my carnivorous plant terrarium, still going strong. The last little guy is a vine called cissus tuberosa, part of the grape family. I didn't know anything about it when I picked it up at The Volunteer Park Conservatory's gift shop, but have since done some research and am excited to see it grow! 





No comments:

Post a Comment