Saturday, June 1, 2013

Reading List

Here's a little update on what I've been reading lately. I picked these up over the past couple of weeks and so far I'm thoroughly enjoying them! Of course, I had to purchase another Any Stewart book titled, Wicked Bugs. It's just as amazing as the other two. The carnivorous plant field guide is very detailed and filled with gorgeous pictures and diagrams to identify and understand the various species. The Complete Houseplant Survival Manual has been extremely helpful! When I was flipping through it at the bookstore, I noticed that almost all of my houseplants were in it so I had to get it. Last but not least, I'm reading Gathering Moss, a history on moss. It's one of those books that doesn't initially catch the eye, but I sure am glad I picked it up and read an excerpt. After reading a couple paragraphs I was hooked and couldn't put it down. 

1. 

2.


3.



4.

1. Gathering Moss: A Natural and Cultural History of Mosses by Robin Wall Kimmerer. 2003
2. A Guide to Carnivorous Plants of the World by Gordon Cheers. 1992. 
3. The Complete Houseplant Survival Manual by Barbara Pleasant. 2005
4. Wicked Bugs: The Louse That Conquered Napoleon's Army & Other Diabolical Insects by Amy Stewart. 2011.

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing, girl! i wish i had a knack of..plants! i always manage to kill mine, it makes me so sad! these books look so beautiful! i once had a venus fly trap. but..it died. ): i love your layout as well. the little bugs ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just updated my layout :) Yes, venu flytraps are known for being really difficult to take care of...hope I can keep mine alive. One of my favorite hearty house plants is the money tree! You should try one out in your house.

      Delete