Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Books!

It's been a while since I've updated my reading list. Well the anticipation is finally over....here it is! :) I'm interested in starting a collection of field guides so I can start identifying (attempting to) all of the different plant life in my area. The flowers are rather easy, but I've come to find out that mosses, lichens, and mushrooms are extremely difficult to distinguish. The differences between them are so subtle! With mosses and lichens, a dissecting microscope seems to be the last step in solidifying the identification of a species. For now though, the attempt if enough fun!


This is one of my favorites so far. Moss is just so fascinating. I think I've successfully identified a couple. 


This one wins just for it's aesthetics. Definitely a great coffee table book filled with lots of useful information.   



No comments:

Post a Comment