Saturday, February 18, 2012

Portland Part II and A Terrarium!

While in Oregon, we also visited the International Rose Test Garden! It was so beautiful! There are endless amounts of roses in every color and variety imaginable. Of course, I took millions of pictures, but here are a few of my favorites. 





We also had to stop by the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport. It wasn't a very busy day so we got to see lots of animals up close. The starfish were definitely my favorite part. I even got to touch them! Yes, I love petting animals!





I even had time to construct a cute little terrarium! I collected some supplies form around town and had a great time exploring the local plant shops. I visited Artemisia, whose owner, Amy Bryant Aiello, wrote Terrarium Craft, one of the books I have. The shop had tons and tons of awesome natural decor for terrariums as well as plants and containers. I also grabbed some pebbles and plants form Pistils Nursery. Pistils was extra exciting because there were chickens running around in the back yard. So cute! Another shop I recommend checking out is Paxton Gate. It's a science nature shop with everything from air plants and venus fly traps to taxidermy animals. They have tons of beautiful butterfly display cases as well as glass eyes.



9 comments:

  1. I totally got fooled into thinking there was a huge rose in that third photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I didn't even notice that....it looks like it's as big as my head haha

      Delete
  2. Hey, new look! Nice:)

    That looks like fun! I can't wait to see some flowers myself, after this winter.

    And your terrarium looks really cute!

    Also, I went back to check the rose Crissy mentioned and she is so right haha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! Yes, I can't wait until spring when the weather is going to be beautiful!

      Delete
  3. These pictures looks beautiful, really want to go there now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely visit.

      Delete
  4. wow a puffin! so cool!!i love your terrarium and that you added a little egg, super cute!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puffins were so cute! I found the little blue egg at Pistils and actually bought two because I loved it so much :)

      Delete